Suggestions for repairing broken eurobrace?

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a used 180 gallon acrylic tank. It has a 3/4" eurobrace that is broken from the corner of a top access window to the access window of the overflow box (pictures below). If the tank is allowed to settle to it's own resting position (no clamps) the break forms a gap about 1/16" or maybe 1/32" but there is also some vertical displacement and torque so that the left side is about 1/16" to 1/32" above the right side (I tried to show this in the close up image). If I clamp both ends of the break as shown in the photo then I can force the two sides of the break to be in the same vertical plane and gap between the two pieces gets smaller than a fingernail but there is still a definite gap. Does anyone have suggestions for how I can repair this break?

IMG_2932.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2931.jpg

OP
OP
Tft12

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would patch it with 1/4" or 3/8" acrylic glued in place with weldon 4. Go about 1.5" on either side of the crack.

Should hold for a long long time.

Thanks. I was planning to do that on both top and bottom but when I noticed that the pieces aren’t in the same plane it gets a little more complicated. It takes tons of force from the clamps to get them back in the same plane.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back