Adding Eurobrace to RedSea Tank

Clowf1sh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I am currently looking into adding a eurobrace to a RedSea reefer 350 G2 that I purchased used. I currently have a previous model of the reefer 350 and am horrified of redseas track record but love the tanks. I am going to be adding additional silicon on the bottom and side seams, however really want to add a eurobrace to the tank. I am wondering if anyone has a DIY to add a eurobrace, or if anyone has done this aftermarket to their redsea tank and has any advice. I appreciate all constructive feedback!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I am currently looking into adding a eurobrace to a RedSea reefer 350 G2 that I purchased used. I currently have a previous model of the reefer 350 and am horrified of redseas track record but love the tanks. I am going to be adding additional silicon on the bottom and side seams, however really want to add a eurobrace to the tank. I am wondering if anyone has a DIY to add a eurobrace, or if anyone has done this aftermarket to their redsea tank and has any advice. I appreciate all constructive feedback!
Can't speak on the eurobrace. However adding silicone on top of silicone won't help anything. It doesn't bond well and it's the stuff between the glass that creates the seal.

OP
OP
C

Clowf1sh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't speak on the eurobrace. However adding silicone on top of silicone won't help anything. It doesn't bond well and it's the stuff between the glass that creates the seal.
That is disappointing to hear but good to know, from what I understand the euro brace should remove some of the tension on the front seam if done correctly so in theory that alone should be enough.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back