Suggestions on a fuge light

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 75 gallon fuge. Measurements 48x18x21. I’m looking for suggestions on what light I should/could use for my tank. Also what macro algae to use to reduce nutrients instead of chaeto. Never grows for me. Thank you all

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Zetlight E100 and I absolutely love it. I’m sure the E200 would be much better sized for a 75 gallon though. My favorite fuge macros is a combination of caulerpa prolifera, feather caulerpa, chaeto, and ulva. Very effective nutrient export, small risk of them going asexual, and great for hiding pods.

Rick Krejci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an H380 and love it, although it's way overkill for my smaller system. For a fuge your size, you may need 2 if you're trying to light all 48". Even in my much smaller 65 gallon total system, I pull out a softball of Chaeto weekly and I'm only running 8hrs/day to prevent it from pulling too many nutrients from the water.

big deddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the ufo led grow light of of Amazon. It seems to make my cheato grow. Abiut 30 bucks.

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you get one of the kessils the h80 will probably be good for your setup. and cheato will grow with that light. I had a hard time with cheato too. The other macro i did grow that i wish i could get going again it the

Pom Pom Gracilaria

this seams to like more of the whites and blues, while the cheato loves the h80-h380 lights

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your guys opinion on the marshydro 300 watt led grow light? Overkill?
I don't know anything about that one but here is what i think your fuge light must compete with your display light so in my opinion you need a lot of light I tried the Kessel H80 but sold it it my cheato grew a little but not a lot now I have the H380

OP
OP
B

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently bought the mars hydro300 watt light to use on my fuge. Just curious to know what height you guys have your lights set above tank

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back