Sulfur reactor

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamsfour
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamsfour

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
284
Reaction score
122
Location
Leesburg
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for anyone using a sulfur reactor and if they recommend getting one to control nitrate. Been reading up on them and other than extensive time to dial in they look fairly easy to maintain. Thanks in advance.
 
Looking for anyone using a sulfur reactor and if they recommend getting one to control nitrate. Been reading up on them and other than extensive time to dial in they look fairly easy to maintain. Thanks in advance.

I love my sulfur reactor. One of the best pieces of equipment on my tank. It's pretty much set it and forget it once it's dialed in. I can feed my tank with a shovel and my NO3 won't go up. My PO4 will, but NO3 is pretty much locked at 8 on my tank.

My biggest recommendation is to use a prefilter. Most of the issues that I've had were related to clogs. I use this one on the 1/4" RO tubing that I have feeding my reactor.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/sample-water-filter-pod-swf-pod-vivid-creative-aquatics.html
 
Anther tip... My recirculating reactor came with sponges to put under or over the media. I initially set mine up with a sponge under my sulfur. This was a bad idea. It's really hard to get to if you need to clean it. I ended up just removing the sponges and it's been much better.

I haven't had to touch my reactor in months.
 
Looking for anyone using a sulfur reactor and if they recommend getting one to control nitrate. Been reading up on them and other than extensive time to dial in they look fairly easy to maintain. Thanks in advance.

What is the nitrate level? I would not set up a reactor unless nitrate was over 100 ppm.
 
I ran a deltek sulfer reactor for over a year with good results.
I now dose vodka daily to keep no3<5 in my acro 150.
Very effective and inexpensive to run.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new