Sully's Reef - 36 gal Bowfront Reef Build

That's alright, everyone blows a tank in their career at some point. I've done it too.
It's definitely an eye opener!
 
Sorry to hear this! My dad just set up this tank for his self and I was afraid something like this would happen to his as I’ve heard bow fronts can be weaker than a normal square tank. Any plans for a new tank?
I am picking up a new Tideline 48x24 internal reef tank. I think it is 104 gallons without the sump. It will be a whole new adventure. Interesting you mention that about bow fronts. The leak was bottom left corner where curve glass meets flat. This area would have been the highest head pressure are of the entire tank.
 
I am picking up a new Tideline 48x24 internal reef tank. I think it is 104 gallons without the sump. It will be a whole new adventure. Interesting you mention that about bow fronts. The leak was bottom left corner where curve glass meets flat. This area would have been the highest head pressure are of the entire tank.

When do you get it?
 
I am picking up a new Tideline 48x24 internal reef tank. I think it is 104 gallons without the sump. It will be a whole new adventure. Interesting you mention that about bow fronts. The leak was bottom left corner where curve glass meets flat. This area would have been the highest head pressure are of the entire tank.

When do you get it?
Today 😊
 
Picked up the new Tideline tank today. Wow! This tank is so much larger than I was visualizing! I am researching plumbing now. So many different things to learn fast. My first "big boy" tank!
IMG_0701.JPEG IMG_0702.JPEG
 
Following along! I am about to pull the trigger on a Tideline G2 48 x 24 as well. Cant wait to see the build progression.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new