Sulphur reactor and high Ca

Dexter_SA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some assistance please. Ever since i started my sulphur reactor my nitrates came down perfectly. But it seems like it created another problem. To me it looks like my calcium crept up to about 500ppm or there about. Now my issue comes in with the alk. Alk is dropping by .7ppm a day. I have been dosing Randy Holmes 2 part. And has been working well but i want to move over to calcium reactor. What will be my best options to handle the scenario. If i start with cal reactor will my calcium rise even more?

OP
OP
D

Dexter_SA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awsome....thanks for the link....if i understand it correctly....it looks like i just need to hang onto the cal reactor for a bit. Just untill my ca is also starting to drop?

OP
OP
D

Dexter_SA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is i dont dose any calcium. Since i started the Sulphur reactor the calcium crept up on its own to about 500ppm. Seems like its been stable there now for a while. Think i must add more sps so it can come down.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awsome....thanks for the link....if i understand it correctly....it looks like i just need to hang onto the cal reactor for a bit. Just untill my ca is also starting to drop?

No, you need to dose alk and not calcium. It's a drawback of sulfur denitrators since they consume alkalinity.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back