Sump advice - Trigger Tideline vs Precision Marine Pro Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tippfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tippfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
125
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering upgrading my sump and wanted to get some feedback on the Trigger systems TideLine series and the Precision Marie Pro Series.

Advice/ opinions appreciated.

If there are other comparable manufactures that I should consider that info would be appreciated also.
 
Following along Tipfish. I'm also upgrading my sump and considered the Precision and a couple of the Trigger options. I think both are well made and will do a great job. In the end I ordered a custom sump from Trigger. It is basically an Emerald 39 stretched to 42 inches long, 18 inches wide and 16 inches deep.

My reasons were #1 I did not want the 7" filter sock as it takes up space better utilized for skimmer and refugium use. The Emerald has a trey with 3 four inch socks and therefore my skimmer and refugium chambers are a little bigger (skimmer is 15x17.5 and refugium 12x17.5). #2 I liked the ability to adjust the water level in the skimmer chamber on the Trigger.

In the end I don't think you can go wrong with either of your choices. Post pics when you get it please!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new