Sump and fleece roller advise

rocket098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about a 400 gallon system that I’m trying to match with a sump and fleece rollers with. I need some advice because my flow through the sump will be about 2000 gph will two rollers handle that. I know they are advertising those flows but is anyone actually doing it. I was looking at synergy sk44 and two clarisea rollers. My plan was to have a stand alone fuge that I would plum in after. what do you guys use for sumps on your large systems please throw in your input. Or is this unrealistic and I should just do two 7 inch socks as the rollers will be overwhelmed.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about a 400 gallon system that I’m trying to match with a sump and fleece rollers with. I need some advice because my flow through the sump will be about 2000 gph will two rollers handle that. I know they are advertising those flows but is anyone actually doing it. I was looking at synergy sk44 and two clarisea rollers. My plan was to have a stand alone fuge that I would plum in after. what do you guys use for sumps on your large systems please throw in your input. Or is this unrealistic and I should just do two 7 inch socks as the rollers will be overwhelmed.
I don't have one yet but when I do it will be a ReefMat 1200. That's what I would look at. Seems 2 be to best one available atm. Works well on an App. so you can always see were you at and adjust easily.

I currently change 4 mesh socks twice a week on my 224 gal. #XL900. One 1200 should be enough for my application

You may want 2 but I'm sure that will do the trick. One unit is rated for up to 315 gal system with a Max flow of 2380 gph. Good luck

OP
OP
rocket098

rocket098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check it out is there a sump that you would recommend with it

Firstreef20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is not nearly as big as yours I'm only doing 220 with a reefmat1200 great I used to do 4 4" filter socks weekly to now 1 roller every 50-60 days. Sump recommendation... after having trigger sumps, and a small dream box sump and now the red sea sump I love the red sea sump style. To me is great. More open room the return and overflow plumbing is all on the same side. I feel that if your doing a build that big just either get a custom sump or DIY.

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey OP - Did you ever decide on a solution? I'm looking at a sump for a similar upgrade in the months ahead :)

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the synergy. Amazing sump . 2 clariseas will be fine with that flow. I rarely see people actually getting the flow they claim when they measure it.

OP
OP
rocket098

rocket098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did go with the synergy reef sk 60 if you got the space I would even go with the bigger version too. For me the sk60 is all I can fit under my stand. It’s pricey but after extensive research and thinking and planning I believe synergy has the best sumps. With the roller matts you can get the flow at 2600 which is pretty good bit.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back