Sump and plumbing questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter valley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I am running 3 dc pumps on 3 tanks. Varios 6 on a 60 gal. (Overpowered) Varios 8 on a 180 gal. (Overpowered) and a Varios 10 on a 250 gal. (Way overpowered) You only need a pump that can push enough for the amount of turnover you need. My 250, I am running about 1200 gallons an hour (300 through UV and 900 through tank which is almost 4x turnover for the tank). People that run AC pumps use a valve on the return line to control flow where the DC uses a controller. But in both cases, for sound from the overflow, you need a valve to keep one overflow line at full siphon, a slight trickle in the secondary, and if you have a third (which I do on two tanks) is for emergency. The valve in the overflow has nothing to do with flow control. It is only for overflow noise.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new