Sump Baffle Question

m0nk3y69d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey every one what dose everyone think about using this to make sump baffles instead of glass or acrylic for my new 40 Breeder sump I’m working on
IMG_1765.JPG
IMG_1766.JPG

OP
OP
m0nk3y69d

m0nk3y69d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m going to go with clear acrylic from lows and spray paint it with Crylon fusion is seems that after it’s dry it is totally reef safe from what I hear anyone have any advice in doing this and how I should cut the sheets

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
I think I’m going to go with clear acrylic from lows and spray paint it with Crylon fusion is seems that after it’s dry it is totally reef safe from what I hear anyone have any advice in doing this and how I should cut the sheets
I regularly need to scrape the sides of my baffles to get the ugly algae off...I think if you paint the baffles, they will not hold up to scraping and toy will be chipping away paint into your tank. If i had to do it again, i would use 1/4" dark glass.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How thick is the acrylic at Lowes? Too thin, and it bows.

As far as cutting, under cut by 1/32 - 1/16....it does swell when placed in water.

Use the following silicone to install....it's especially made for plastics and works great. I'm not sure about Lowes, but it's in the acrylic sheet department of HD (not with the other silicones/caulks found in the paint department). Let it cure for a minimum of 3 days....but a week is better.
Silicone Plastic.jpg

OP
OP
m0nk3y69d

m0nk3y69d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The acrylic at Lowe’s is 1/4” and where can I get dark glass I looked at black acrylic but it’s really expensive and I can’t get it locally

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back