• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Porkchopz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I'm currently building a 120 SPS dominant tank. I'm at the point where I need to figure out what sump I want, well more of a configuration issue. I'm pretty much 100% set on which one I want, but there is an option for a fuge baffle. I can't really decide if I want that or not.

Link to Sump:

http://synergyreef.com/product/syner...f-cl-44-sumps/

I plan to get a Bubble King DC 180, and most likely going to run a BRS dual reactor for Carbon and GFO or two of their deluxe models. That being said I've been thinking about which way I want to get the sump, baffle or not. So .. I decide to use some graph paper to try and "see" what kind of space I'd have. (each square is 1").

If I get the baffle ... this would be the sump (skimmer section):

17" x 17.5" -- not a whole lot of room for much of anything other than some heaters.

3ERf2wB.jpg

If I don't get the baffle ... this would be the sump (skimmer section):

27.5" x 17.5" -- lots of left over space for... "Stuff"?

3XJYQsc.jpg

I guess the question I have is... besides heaters, what am I forgetting that I'm going to want to put in the skimmer section of the sump? Anything?

I'm not 100% I want the fuge as it would be another light to get and the macro algae etc... and with running GFO is that really needed? Obviously I have tons more room to work with if I don't get the fuge.

Opinions? Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,

-Porkchopz

samba_dad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a powerhead in my sump to keep things stirred up for my skimmer. Also, it is handy for dispensing any dosed liquids you might add in that portion of the sump.

OP
OP
Porkchopz

Porkchopz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump has built in 1/4" push connect fittings in the baffle between the skimmer section and the return pump section. I'll be using a Tunze 3155 and their solenoid to do ATO direct to those connections and I'll be using a DOS + DDR for 2 part direct to those fittings also.

-Porkchopz

OP
OP
Porkchopz

Porkchopz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one has any advise on fuge or not? That's kind of hard to believe. Come on people help me decide.

-porkchopz

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back