Sump design help

SaltWaterGoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, im getting a new 130 gallon tank and need a sump layout, this is my first big reef tank, my other tank is a 20 gallon system without sump. I have never had a sump before and i dont know what layout i need.
Thanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are DIYing it google some pics on ideas. If you are shopping around for one take your time and figure out what things are most important for you to have. Ie, ATO, ATS, filter roller etc.

This is the fun part, take your time. The most expensive part of this hobby is impatience.

OP
OP
SaltWaterGoby

SaltWaterGoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are DIYing it google some pics on ideas. If you are shopping around for one take your time and figure out what things are most important for you to have. Ie, ATO, ATS, filter roller etc.

This is the fun part, take your time. The most expensive part of this hobby is impatience.
Its going to be a DIY, i just want a drain, skimmer, fuge and return pump compartment

OP
OP
SaltWaterGoby

SaltWaterGoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are DIY kits for a 20 long on amazon that are inexpensive.
Thanks, but i think its easier for me to build a new sump from new glass etc also amazon is very expensive for my country, the shipping is normally over 50 euros and not available to my country.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, but i think its easier for me to build a new sump from new glass etc also amazon is very expensive for my country, the shipping is normally over 50 euros and not available to my country.
Understood. I built a sump for my last tank. I had a 220 gallon and i picked up a used 150 gallon and turned it into a sump. I wanted lots of water volume. Its easier than you would think. Just know what you want and plan it out.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back