Sump for 200 Gallon Display

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeadEnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DeadEnd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2022
Messages
266
Reaction score
150
Location
Usa
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I’m planning to upgrade to a 200 gallon tank and I currently use a Trigger Systems Platinum 39 sump with the fleece roller with a smaller tank (120 gallons). I really love it and it has worked great, but I’m concerned it might be too small for the new setup.

Does anyone have recommendations for a sump and fleece roller combo that would be a better fit for a 200 gallon system? I’m open to premanufactured options or custom if needed.

Thanks!!!
 
Considering the Bashsea 48 pro 🤔
 
I like the idea that bigger is better. You just have more flexibility with whatever you want to do, and I think larger tanks are more forgiving, and you're simply just adding more water volume to the tank.
 
I like the idea that bigger is better. You just have more flexibility with whatever you want to do, and I think larger tanks are more forgiving, and you're simply just adding more water volume to the tank.
Yeah, I believe the recommended minimum sump size for a 200 gallon tank is 40 gallons. I feel like I should at least get a 50 gallons sump.
 
My display tank and stand are 60x30x30.

I went with a synergy reef sump 44.7
  • Dimensions: 44″ long x 18″ wide x 18″ high
  • Total Water Volume: 58 gallons
I am extremely happy with this purchase. Extremely well made.
 
Hey everyone,

I’m planning to upgrade to a 200 gallon tank and I currently use a Trigger Systems Platinum 39 sump with the fleece roller with a smaller tank (120 gallons). I really love it and it has worked great, but I’m concerned it might be too small for the new setup.

Does anyone have recommendations for a sump and fleece roller combo that would be a better fit for a 200 gallon system? I’m open to premanufactured options or custom if needed.

Thanks!!!
Do you have their (Trigger Systems) v2 version of the fleece roller? I see you mentioned that you like it and i've been wanting to get one, but nobody has them, not even Trigger Systems!
 
Yeah, I believe the recommended minimum sump size for a 200 gallon tank is 40 gallons. I feel like I should at least get a 50 gallons sump.
Well, recommendations are only recomendations. ;)

How much space do you have (or want to use) for the sump?

MRC is another good brand for this. Have you also looked at Lifereef?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new