Sump help

ABopp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations for a sump for a 40 gallon? Was going to attempt to make myself but just can't be bothered...now looking to purchase.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations for a sump for a 40 gallon? Was going to attempt to make myself but just can't be bothered...now looking to purchase.
I just recently picked up a trigger crystal 30 for my 40 breeder and its great :) Only problem was if you have two or three drains you have to either drill extra holes with bulkheads like I did, or have them empty over the edge into the sump.
9qekfNMl.jpg

twudXKbl.jpg

UFjP3R2l.jpg

qUGvpMMl.jpg

D3nGiMzl.jpg

OP
OP
ABopp

ABopp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently picked up a trigger crystal 30 for my 40 breeder and its great :) Only problem was if you have two or three drains you have to either drill extra holes with bulkheads like I did, or have them empty over the edge into the sump.
9qekfNMl.jpg

twudXKbl.jpg

UFjP3R2l.jpg

qUGvpMMl.jpg

D3nGiMzl.jpg

Ha, I love that your breeder is the size of my entire aquarium lol. So a couple silly questions to go along with this laugh...

- piping preferred compared to....? Is this something you pick up at your local Home Depot kind of thing?
- what are the top of the pipes connected to? Regardless of how many videos I watch, I'm a visual and I'm having trouble following the set up...do you have a pic?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, I love that your breeder is the size of my entire aquarium lol. So a couple silly questions to go along with this laugh...

- piping preferred compared to....? Is this something you pick up at your local Home Depot kind of thing?
- what are the top of the pipes connected to? Regardless of how many videos I watch, I'm a visual and I'm having trouble following the set up...do you have a pic?
You can get pvc piping from your local hardware store. I picked up mine from Bulk Reef Supply because they can get it in different colors, and its all unmarked. No printed numbers or words on the side. The pipes connect to my overflow box which is drilled to the tank.
dYjB80ml.jpg

rH9ok3zl.jpg

jakeh22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Icecap 36xl on mine. Mainly cuz I wanted to hide about ato as well as have a sump and fuge. Again all depends on how much you want to spend
59c571a2e047f8f8eb93cc3415508072.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back