Sump media suggestions please 300g

Mikeeal

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2022
Messages
31
Reaction score
14
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
300g FOWLR, light to medium stock load. Bare bottom.

I have two sumps. First is housing my heaters, filter sock, skimmer, and return pump. Second sump will be plumbed just like the display, water pumped from the first sump then overflow back in.

I don't know what I should put in it. It's roughly 60 gallons, I was originally planning on K1/K2 media tumbled with flow and air, but now I'm not sure. Bricks? Bioballs? K1? Please help me decide. I'm quite against a deep sand bed, or LR rubble. The display has 200+lbs of LR.

I appreciate any suggestions.
 
I would just wait and see. No need to decide until your system has been running for a while.
 
I would just wait and see. No need to decide until your system has been running for a while.

All the LR and fish from my 6 year old 125 have been transferred over. So I guess technically it's not a fresh new system. Appreciate the response.
 
300g FOWLR, light to medium stock load. Bare bottom.

I have two sumps. First is housing my heaters, filter sock, skimmer, and return pump. Second sump will be plumbed just like the display, water pumped from the first sump then overflow back in.

I don't know what I should put in it. It's roughly 60 gallons, I was originally planning on K1/K2 media tumbled with flow and air, but now I'm not sure. Bricks? Bioballs? K1? Please help me decide. I'm quite against a deep sand bed, or LR rubble. The display has 200+lbs of LR.

I appreciate any suggestions.
Baton for filling pillows ect. I also added a large bag of quality Carbon to battle smell. on advice from Randy Farley Holmes . Worked well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new