Sump setup (again)

sarimus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
I have a 4 chamber sump
I’ve removed all the media balls and bio media from my sump as suggested on here and now have the return chamber, protein skimmer chamber and two empty chamber. The chambers are not big enough for a roller mat but if I cut out the chamber divider on the two empty chambers I can fit a roller mat in there.
My question to you guys is, do I need more chambers or is 3 enough.

1. Inlet with roller mat
2. Protien skimmer
3. Return pump.

Is that ok or would you suggest something else.

Thanks
Trevor



IMG_1663.jpeg
 
I'd cut out divider.
If you want a refugium put skimmer and matt in same chamber.
Those baffles look very tall. You typically want 20-25cm water heigh in your main chamber/skimmer chambers.
 
Hi all
I have a 4 chamber sump
I’ve removed all the media balls and bio media from my sump as suggested on here and now have the return chamber, protein skimmer chamber and two empty chamber. The chambers are not big enough for a roller mat but if I cut out the chamber divider on the two empty chambers I can fit a roller mat in there.
My question to you guys is, do I need more chambers or is 3 enough.

1. Inlet with roller mat
2. Protien skimmer
3. Return pump.

Is that ok or would you suggest something else.
Is the tank set up yet?

Seems like just a skimmer would be fine...why all the extra-extras?
 
Is the tank set up yet?

Seems like just a skimmer would be fine...why all the extra-extras?
I have it scaped and only ready to start filling with water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new