Sump setup feedback

chowchow10

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2015
Messages
180
Reaction score
40
Location
Winter Springs, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
Im setting up a sump for my new 65g build. The sump I have is a Deep Blue ProMaxx Wet/Dry 75. It is the same thins as the Eshopps WD-75. http://www.eshopps.com/products/filters/wdfilters/wd75cs/

Im not going to be adding the bio-balls but was thinking about liverock and some Carbon media. Does anyone have any ideas? I will be running an Eshopps in sump protein skimmer.
 
From my experience you will need to make a rack to hold your mechanical filtration under the drainpipe. This unit is compact and doesn't provide much room it is more of a oversized filter than a sump, if you have the space I recommend something longer such as a 40Breeder or 20g.

You'd have to use a external skimmer and reactor or 2.
 
Last edited:
I run a similar sump on my frag system. I too removed the bio balls and use a filter sock on the drain and use live rock in there as well. I then have a external media reactor for carbon.
 
After you return pump goes in that isn't going to allow you enough room for a slimmer will it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new