Sump/skimmer question

Ronk1109

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a eshopps rs75 sump. Need a new skimmer now. Found a great deal on a reef octopus 150sss. I know it’s over sized for my setup. 54 corner tank. But is it possible to make this work? Skimmer compartment is 8”x9.5” and the footprint of the skimmer is 7.3”x 9.5”. Only reason I’m even thinking about it is because of the deal I’m getting on it. Any help would be appreciated

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds a little too tight to me. You definitely don't want to have to wedge it in and put excess pressure on the walls of your sump. One other thing to consider is the height of the skimmer. Mine has to be tilted to get it into or out of the sump. If that's the case, youmay never get it into the sump in the first place. Just something to consider.

OP
OP
R

Ronk1109

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds a little too tight to me. You definitely don't want to have to wedge it in and put excess pressure on the walls of your sump. One other thing to consider is the height of the skimmer. Mine has to be tilted to get it into or out of the sump. If that's the case, youmay never get it into the sump in the first place. Just something to consider.
Very true. Height wise may be tight getting it in also. Last thing I want to do is disconnect my sump lines to get the skimmer in and out for maintenance. I’m stubborn sometimes haha. Want things to work when they just might be too much work.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back