Sun coral is sick

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
807
Reaction score
450
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a sun coral from QCC about three weeks ago. When i got it, it was doing fine and then last week I noticed that its skin starting to recede.

These pictures are from the last week. It's eating, well polyps are out when I offer food twice a day.

A.I says it looks fine and improving. It's AI I don't know I put a lot of stock into what it says. If I tell it I thibk it looks bad it agrees.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.



20260831_151857.jpg

20260829_200737.jpg

20260826_204213.jpg
 
Mysis brine 2x a day. Reef Roids once a week and Gonipower once a week and phyto broadcast in the aquarium once a week.
hm, Im not sure. I would keep trying but only foods with higher nutrients, brine shimp is kinda bad.
When I tried keeping these I was dosing multiple species of phyto throughout the day and they still didnt do that great for me
 
hm, Im not sure. I would keep trying but only foods with higher nutrients, brine shimp is kinda bad.
When I tried keeping these I was dosing multiple species of phyto throughout the day and they still didnt do that great for me
Here's my captive bred sun coral. He's been in the tank longer. He's thriving.



a0b1c50f-52f6-4ce3-abb0-8f5aa1efe130.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new