Sunkist vs Reefkoi Bounce

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey, full disclosure I'm a zoa guy that occasionally dips his toes into the shroom and chalice world. As such I have amassed a decent collection of bounce shrooms. I'm now looking to add sunkists and perhaps reefkoi but when I google image them they appear the same in coloration. So my shroomy friends, what's the tell tale difference between the two? Any one happen to have side by side comparisons from the same system?

TIA

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One is spelled Sunkist the other Reefkoi?
Alphabetical placement?
One goes with opera? The other musicals?
One sounds like a surfer the other sounds like a stuntman?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefkoi is the one that named it. Probably be hard to confirm an OG one. The ones coming from Zoanthids.com might be OG or Cherry Corals since they were all friends. Not sure if Josh has any.

If you are ever in Colorado Springs, be sure to check his store out. I wish he still did the frag swaps but he only does the ones close to him now.

reefkoi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is the story if anyone is following this still :) I, (reefkoi) was at a wholesaler in LA after a Reef-a-palooza in socal and I came across this cool bubbly shroom colony for $36 (for about 12 shrooms LOL) so I put it in my section at the wholesaleR. As you can guess everyone selling at RAP was at the wholesalers on monday following the show to scoop up some goodies and along came Lou And Vic from WWC, We were good buddies and they asked me where i found the shroom rock, i showed them the tank and I found a second one I hadn’t seen before and they asked me if they could have it, I said cool take it, I got one already and the rest is history as they say. Same shipper, same Vietnam shrooms different name is all.
Chris

OP
OP
littlebigreef

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well here is the story if anyone is following this still :) I, (reefkoi) was at a wholesaler in LA after a Reef-a-palooza in socal and I came across this cool bubbly shroom colony for $36 (for about 12 shrooms LOL) so I put it in my section at the wholesaleR. As you can guess everyone selling at RAP was at the wholesalers on monday following the show to scoop up some goodies and along came Lou And Vic from WWC, We were good buddies and they asked me where i found the shroom rock, i showed them the tank and I found a second one I hadn’t seen before and they asked me if they could have it, I said cool take it, I got one already and the rest is history as they say. Same shipper, same Vietnam shrooms different name is all.
Chris
18 months ago I asked for the tale and you answered the call. Thanks for sharing! It’s always interesting to learn the back story on how some of these things came to be.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris
Is this a joke or a true story?

I recently bought a reefkoi or it was sold to me as one! 50 bucks (score) but not so much a score because it came loose and floated away never to be seen again! I just ordered a replacement sunkist for 48 on ebay another score! I havnt received it yet but looks the same from pics! I hope it looks as bright in my tank because I was shocked to loose the reefkoi because it was so bright but super tiny!

i have learned a lesson to never leave a small mushroom on a rock or plug, but instead in a mushroom box until they get pretty big!

I have lost so many that way! a neptune and a electus, chicken pox and some yuma! Maybe more!

reefkoi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a joke or a true story?

I recently bought a reefkoi or it was sold to me as one! 50 bucks (score) but not so much a score because it came loose and floated away never to be seen again! I just ordered a replacement sunkist for 48 on ebay another score! I havnt received it yet but looks the same from pics! I hope it looks as bright in my tank because I was shocked to loose the reefkoi because it was so bright but super tiny!

i have learned a lesson to never leave a small mushroom on a rock or plug, but instead in a mushroom box until they get pretty big!

I have lost so many that way! a neptune and a electus, chicken pox and some yuma! Maybe more!
It’s true!

Back