Super High Nitrate Help

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think if you just cleaned the sand while doing water changes it would help reduce some of the build up.

Either way I think NoPox would eventually help the problem but it does take time.

OP
OP
455Cutlassdave

455Cutlassdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I will trim feeding until better params are stable then work up slowly. Im really hoping tomorrows change makes a push to the right direction.

OP
OP
455Cutlassdave

455Cutlassdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit of good news. I did the 50% change this morning and the Nitrate is around 30ppm. Not perfect yet but a big step in the right direction. I will check it again tomorrow and Monday. I'm hoping it falls or holds over the next day or two.

I will do another big change in a few days after I see what it's doing. If I can get it down to 15% I will start making small changes weekly the to keep it under 10.

OP
OP
455Cutlassdave

455Cutlassdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry for the later reply. I had a google crash on my phone and it logged me out when I was clearing cashes.

In the beginning it was constant water changes, reduced feeding, skimming heavy, and dosing nopox. Once down to 30ppm I started treating the tank like normal and they continued to fall on their own. This was likely due to a better level of good bacteria.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back