Supper ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter cowboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I use a grill basket for veggies. They make grill pans too. :)

Please try grill mats....inexpensive on Amazon. I originally used baskets and took too long, didn't get good grill contact, and couldn't handle the volume of veggies I needed to grill. Check my veggie picture above. That's my entire grill surface covered with two mats. Can't beat them. You can thank me later. :)


And before you ask, where did you cook the entrée, if that one grill is covered with veggies.....don't ask:

IMG_1153_zpsuzvlhefl.jpg
 
Last edited:
Please try grill mats....inexpensive on Amazon. I originally used baskets and took too long, didn't get good grill contact, and couldn't handle the volume of veggies I needed to grill. Check my veggie picture above.
Me buying grilling gear is almost as easy as me buying fish stuff :)
 
Man gotta say glad I asked this is starting to throw some good ideas. If you like Mexican food and don't mind a little prep time my wife's favorite is homemade red chili beef enchiladas. Just remember don't boil the red chili pods just let them soak in hot water for about 20 minutes.
 
I use grill mats but feel the food tastes like it was just fried. It loses all those neat grill marks. Nothing like linguini with grill marks. :rolleyes:
 
@Paul B man I believe I'm going to have to cook up some linguini on the grill, surely I can make this work thinking 3-4 seconds on each side should do it. thinking serving it with a bit crawfish and some crab yea with a nice creamy alfredo sauce.
 
Homemade clam chowder, takes all day, I use
50 fresh chowder clams,
1 lb bacon drained
Onions
Carrots
Bell pepper
Garlic
Thyme
Potatoes
Half gallon whipping cream
Half gallon milk
Butta
Season salt
Pepper
And patience
+after done cooking I let cool then refrigerate I never eat the fist day it's always better after I sits.
Note recipe makes like 2.5 to 3 gallons.
 
Homemade clam chowder, takes all day, I use
50 fresh chowder clams,
1 lb bacon drained
Onions
Carrots
Bell pepper
Garlic
Thyme
Potatoes
Half gallon whipping cream
Half gallon milk
Butta
Season salt
Pepper
And patience
+after done cooking I let cool then refrigerate I never eat the fist day it's always better after I sits.
Note recipe makes like 2.5 to 3 gallons.

Nice New England chowder recipe. Of course being here in New York, I make Manhattan clam chowder. :D
 
Unfortunately for me I live in the middle of the desert it's hard to get fresh seafood down this way. So for us we get more of the turf less of the surf.

20161113_165101.jpg
 
I thought you said "Turtles" :eek:
 
Just jalapeño stuffed portobello with bacon and Colby jack cheese.
 
Here's today's menu at my house for supper
Grilled sweet patatos
Chili rubbed ser lion
Jalapeño bacon wrapped quail.

20161223_135401.jpg

20161223_140201.jpg

20161223_142132.jpg
 
Nice New England chowder recipe. Of course being here in New York, I make Manhattan clam chowder. :D
Being in central florida, I make whatever I want,since no recipes are named after anywhere in florida I guess I'm allowed.lol
Seriously though I've seen how your meals look in pics and I've never though they looked bad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new