Support your local frag swaps!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pntbll687
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
2,416
Reaction score
2,844
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today was the Electric City Coral Farmers Market in Scranton PA, and I won probably the coolest raffle prize I’ve ever seen

A THREE SPOTTED RABBIT FISH!!!
He’s a little blotchy from being transported and put in the tank, but here’s a picture

IMG_4518.jpeg


Go out and support your local swaps people!
 
I couldn’t imagine a FISH being a raffle prize.

An unexpected coral can be dealt with. But a fish? That’s bad practices imo. Can encourage people to put in fish that do not belong in their tanks. That being said, congrats I am jealous!

Were you given the choice between a certificate and a fish or something?
 
I couldn’t imagine a FISH being a raffle prize.

An unexpected coral can be dealt with. But a fish? That’s bad practices imo. Can encourage people to put in fish that do not belong in their tanks. That being said, congrats I am jealous!

Were you given the choice between a certificate and a fish or something?
Usually you see the prize and put your raffle tickets in a container right in front of it to be entered in the drawing. But I agree if it’s a mystery prize.
 
Usually you see the prize and put your raffle tickets in a container right in front of it to be entered in the drawing. But I agree if it’s a mystery prize.
Ah, okay if it’s that kind, that’s fair. I’m guessing one of those where you choose where to put in your ticket.
 
Congratulations. No frag swaps in my area, or even close enough to want to drive too. :(
 
I couldn’t imagine a FISH being a raffle prize.

An unexpected coral can be dealt with. But a fish? That’s bad practices imo. Can encourage people to put in fish that do not belong in their tanks. That being said, congrats I am jealous!

Were you given the choice between a certificate and a fish or something?
You pay for tickets and know 100% what your getting.

The fish wasn’t physically at the swap, you had to pick it up at the store that sponsored it. The swap was 30 minutes from my house and the store was on the way home, so it worked out.

The store was willing to hold the fish and setup a pick up date in the future for anyone who won it.
 
You pay for tickets and know 100% what your getting.

The fish wasn’t physically at the swap, you had to pick it up at the store that sponsored it. The swap was 30 minutes from my house and the store was on the way home, so it worked out.

The store was willing to hold the fish and setup a pick up date in the future for anyone who won it.
Very nice! Gives the new rabbit lots of carrots for me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new