Supporting a tank on a crawl space

I'm in this boat right now.. Not enough room for jack posts... So I'm just going to do more of what's in this pic, concrete footer with a piece of 4x4 that fits quite snug. But I'm going up to a 230 gal. I doubt you need it for where your tank is being placed, but if you can do this its just a bit of added piece of mind.


crawlspace.jpg
Is frost heave a concern with those footers? I have this vision of doing that and then the ground swells and pushes my floor upward. I have no idea if that’s even possible lol
 
I'm in the same boat. I'm having an engineer come out and give me his/her opinion. I fully expect that I'll need something done, so I'll get a contractor over here to do what I cannot.
 
Is frost heave a concern with those footers? I have this vision of doing that and then the ground swells and pushes my floor upward. I have no idea if that’s even possible lol
I don;t have that issue in california, basically san jose.
 
I live in the Midwest. I don’t even know if frost heave would work like that in a crawl space though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new