Surge Device

Duffs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own with a 20gal tank and some plumbing/ toilet parts took awhile to tune it but when I got that right worked great (beside how loud it was and it was loud)

Duffs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, basically toilet flapper the float connected to the actual flapper. hole drilled out of the bottom of the tank big enough for the whole toilet flapper assembly to fit in....when the water level in the surge tank fill up it lifted the float which lifted the flapper which dump/flushed the the water into the dt tank ...tuning involved adjusting float hight amount of water going into the surge tank the depth of the pipe going into the dt tank also removing j tube from overflow to handle the 10+ gal of water that surge into the dt tank at once (so with no j tube on my overflows and the loudest toilet flushing sound every 2 min it had to go)

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked at the Gyre pump? That pump is so powerful it could easily function as a surge device if it was on a timer. Not sure what exactly the goal is but that might be an easier solution than constructing one.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back