Surge prote

ReapersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Jbj cubey on a coralife surge protector that is barely 3 months old… tonight we had really bad storms that caused at least 15 power surges, after the first 2 the blue lights in my tank completely fried… I unplugged the whole system for the duration of the storm to prevent further damage to other components like the pump. Only blue lights were active during the storm so the red and whites still work… does anyone know if either company would be willing to cooperate with a replacement or anything? I’m really bummed there’s no blue light and I’m sure my corals will be bummed too. (Ignore my algae issues, it’s currently undergoing treatment for bryopsis, and cyano is next on the list)
image.jpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry for these issues. That sucks.

while it will not hurt to reach out to the company, or even the place of purchase, I will tell you they likely won’t replace anything for free. Electrical surges are something most electronic companies won’t warrantee at all. Again, it can’t hurt to reach out.

s1oliver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some surge protector manufacturers provide a warranty that covers your electrical equipment up to a set dollar amount. I'm not sure if yours came with one but it can't hurt to reach out to them and ask. I always make sure to buy only ones that have an equipment protection warranty and I register my product with them when I get it. I know this guarantees nothing and they'll likely squirm their way out of paying but I figure it beats having zero chance. If you purchase one from Amazon they have extended warranties you can buy through Allstate that could potentially cover you as well. Just some thoughts for you, good luck with everything.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back