survival rate with liveaquaria Diver's den acro?

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got quite a few colonies from theirs diver's den (tonga and Aussie) through out the year and sadly to say its 50% of it end up dying withthin a month or 2, slowly STN. my tank is full SPS system thriving but I seem to have a difficult time getting their acro to survive in my system. Even with good acclimation and sit in shaded area for light adjustment yet they slowly STN away. This is not a rant thread, just want to get experience and knowledge from other people who have success with liveaquaria acro colony.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wild colonies are hard. 50% is not that bad. They do dip them an handle them... then they ship them to you. They go through more than if you just got some wild colonies on your own.

OP
OP
Bacon505

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i wonder what others done differently to increase survival rate with these wild.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t put them in shade and have better luck. For me being able to recognize which corals are heatlthy enough to make it by looking at their pics is key. A lot look cool or nice but I can tell they are stressed and will not make it if shipped. I got three months ago and they are doing fine. One isn’t growing but might make it to that point. If any die it’s my fault I would say from now on.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, I do not dip them when I get wild colonies, so this means a cycled and mature system to land them all by themselves. Then, I use 6500k Halides which is the closest thing to sunlight that I can offer them. I use a good amount of flow, but not too much. They will lose color. They will get some back. Once they grow a bit, then I start to dip them and take some back-up frags. This can take a few months... some more, some less.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back