Suspected Vermetid snails on Trochus

  • Thread starter Thread starter martin.a
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

martin.a

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2026
Messages
190
Reaction score
179
Location
Canberra
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,
I just received a few Trochus snails. One of them came with tubes growing on its shell. Could those be Vermetid snails? Please see pics below.
20260423_094800.jpg
20260423_094935.jpg
 
Looks more like fan worm tubes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new