Sweet Reef Corals Eye Candy Thread

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Corey, thanks for the compliment. I just can’t seem to stop buying stuff! Lol

I think I seen you talking to Jeff, of coral beauties, on another thread recently. Jeff is a good friend of mine. I live about 5 minutes west of him.
@biecacka also.

I am a native Texan, but as an AF brat, so I spent my middle and high school years in Beavercreek, OH. Good times, but probably best that I kept moving on so as not to get into too much "trouble" as my Mom would've put it. :)

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I will inspect closer when the lights come up, but I think you may be correct about polyp versus flesh color. Mine came from ORA a hundred years ago, so I forgot what it was. @C. Eymann ID'd that colony for me.

Man, if my HW or Fruity Pebbles would grow this fast...
The closer I look at the macro top down pic I took, I do see some green skin in there. So maybe you’re on to something. Can you get a good top down macro shot?

Wouldn’t that be nice? Lol. I can’t seem to find a quality HW that will grow. Every one I’ve tried for the last year just sits there doing nothing....SMH

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@biecacka also.

I am a native Texan, but as an AF brat, so I spent my middle and high school years in Beavercreek, OH. Good times, but probably best that I kept moving on so as not to get into too much "trouble" as my Mom would've put it. :)
Oh, I know all about you Beavercreek ones...
Drag Race Reaction GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The closer I look at the macro top down pic I took, I do see some green skin in there. So maybe you’re on to something. Can you get a good top down macro shot?

Wouldn’t that be nice? Lol. I can’t seem to find a quality HW that will grow. Every one I’ve tried for the last year just sits there doing nothing....SMH
I will try to get a shot; hopefully my new 13 phone will do something better with colors than my X.

I still have my HW on a rack. It has added some height but no discernable branches or much color since April or so.

IMG-5628.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get over to beavercreek to play golf! Some great courses over there. If either of you play!

corey
Those courses were all corn fields and apple orchards when I lived there. A good thing too. Not sure the greenskeeper would appreciate my motocross skills to the same degree. Part I of the "troubles".

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only hit into one of those screens once before. I remember it being pretty forgiving on my swing! Lol
Pretty accurate for me as far as ball speed and carry distance goes. And my natural swing ball flight is a push/draw. That one didn’t draw. This wasnt at a golf store with the “down wind” settings….that’s my brothers home office

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Pretty accurate for me as far as ball speed and carry distance goes. And my natural swing ball flight is a push/draw. That one didn’t draw. This wasnt at a golf store with the “down wind” settings….that’s my brothers home office
Dang! You and your brother are ballin’! Lol. That’s a heck of a home setup!

It was probably 10 years ago the last time I used one. It was a bar/indoor golf place like Dave & Busters but much smaller. I’m sure they’ve come a long way since then!

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! You and your brother are ballin’! Lol. That’s a heck of a home setup!

It was probably 10 years ago the last time I used one. It was a bar/indoor golf place like Dave & Busters but much smaller. I’m sure they’ve come a long way since then!
My brothers a baller. Need to get him hooked on Tenuis and speciosa’s…but he prefers to “make” money on his investments…..so I doubt he’ll go for it. My set up isn’t as classy. Same launch monitor with slightly different surroundings haha

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to put a monitor in my house and get it set up. i will be doing that real soon or i plan to. I just came back from Hawaii where i got to play quite a bit. I get down to Texas to play some too but it is near San Antonio. I dont know if i should be giving out lessons though.....i play to about a 2 handicap but i can absolutely shoot something crazy high. I dont know much about others swings, but i know mine.....haha

corey

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My brothers a baller. Need to get him hooked on Tenuis and speciosa’s…but he prefers to “make” money on his investments…..so I doubt he’ll go for it. My set up isn’t as classy. Same launch monitor with slightly different surroundings haha

That’s pretty sweet!

Come on now, teni’s are good investments : ) It’s yet to been seen regarding Speciosa, I did have a @FarmerTy Brain Freeze for a year, but as long as I don’t make a bonehead mistake, I feel like they’ll be good. There are definitely better returns in investments than those two though

That setup is still smokin, albeit a tad ghetto :p
J/k I’d love to have that in my garage. Much better than a car any day!

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i want to put a monitor in my house and get it set up. i will be doing that real soon or i plan to. I just came back from Hawaii where i got to play quite a bit. I get down to Texas to play some too but it is near San Antonio. I dont know if i should be giving out lessons though.....i play to about a 2 handicap but i can absolutely shoot something crazy high. I dont know much about others swings, but i know mine.....haha

corey
Breaking 100 is a great day for me!
200.gif

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Getting a tad off topic here... but what launch monitor do you like best? My local pro recommended one a while back but it was 15-20k or so. Gotta believe they've gotten much cheaper since.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a tad off topic here... but what launch monitor do you like best? My local pro recommended one a while back but it was 15-20k or so. Gotta believe they've gotten much cheaper since.
The one I have is a SkyTrak, which uses high speed cameras to calculate the data. It wasn’t cheap at the time but far less expensive than the Doppler trackman or flightscope. Mine was 2k and the other options at the time were 20k+. Now there are a bunch of cheap (less than 1k) options that are probably better than the 1 I have. I would check reviews and comparisons with Dr YouTube. I honestly haven’t hit a ball with mine in over 3 years bc my garage is filled with aquarium crap. Gives my wife something else to complain about.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back