Swimming flatworms?

SnakeCharmer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all.

I do not have any pics to share and these things are so tiny that I doubt they would show up on film without strong magnification. They are flat, tiny, slightly broad in shape, swim by undulating like a ribbon, and difficult to see with the naked eye.

The tank is a FOWOLR so I am open to using whatever meds needed to eliminate them, unless they are harmless and actually beneficial in waste control.

Fish: Blue Tang, Ocellaris Clown, Fiji Devil, Flame Hawk, Engineer Goby.

The hawk shows no interest in preying on these tiny creatures.

Please help ID them and suggest the proper med. I had seen them in this tank several months ago and then I treated the tank with copper sulfate. I did not notice any more until just a week ago.

Thanks!

achillnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all.

I do not have any pics to share and these things are so tiny that I doubt they would show up on film without strong magnification. They are flat, tiny, slightly broad in shape, swim by undulating like a ribbon, and difficult to see with the naked eye.

The tank is a FOWOLR so I am open to using whatever meds needed to eliminate them, unless they are harmless and actually beneficial in waste control.

Fish: Blue Tang, Ocellaris Clown, Fiji Devil, Flame Hawk, Engineer Goby.

The hawk shows no interest in preying on these tiny creatures.

Please help ID them and suggest the proper med. I had seen them in this tank several months ago and then I treated the tank with copper sulfate. I did not notice any more until just a week ago.

Thanks!
Same, I posted a thread about it with some pictures. Should be going up soon

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back