Switch from 36 ATI T5 to 48

BurgerFish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
552
Reaction score
236
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a 47.5x20x22 tank.

My ATI Dimmable 6x39 with Reefbrite 36 XHO fell into the water by construction workers...

They pay me and I bought ATI 8x54 non-dimmable (the only ATI T5 that was in stock in Canada, I hope ATI won't discontinue T5) and XHO 48.

So, the bigger 48 inch version is so much better than 36 inch. Yes, there is light split on the floor, but the tank is much more bright and I realized how much coral placement was Iost with 36 inch.

Reefbrite 48 XHO is also much better than 36 inch, the space without LED on the corners (with some kind of foil) is twice less on 48 inch version.

But reefbrite must use a better paint:
20210426_142055.jpg
 
I have two 48” 6 bulb sunpowers and one 36” 6 bulb sunpower I do love the 48”. I’ve been debating on grabbing a 8 bulb unit. Could you show pictures of before and after? I would love to see them.
 
I have two 48” 6 bulb sunpowers and one 36” 6 bulb sunpower I do love the 48”. I’ve been debating on grabbing a 8 bulb unit. Could you show pictures of before and after? I would love to see them.
36
20201021_130516.jpg

48
20210428_153311.jpg

In the reality difference is pretty big. Specially when you look from both sides.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new