Switching Back To T5 Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter blackz151
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blackz151

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2013
Messages
110
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After about a year of messing with leds I put one of my t5 fixtures on half of my 80 dbs rimless tank and with in 1 day the corals looked way better then ever. So needless to say I'm going back to ati 5's

The tank is 48 long by 24 front to back

My question is. I have two 4 bulb 24 watt fixtures. Should I take them apart and build them into a DIY t5 light or would I be better off just getting ati 6 bulb setup?
 
I'd just get the 6 bulb ATI.
They are great products.

I switched one of my tanks back to a ATI 6 x 24 watt fixture.
Love the color.
 
I'd just get the 6 bulb ATI.
They are great products.

I switched one of my tanks back to a ATI 6 x 24 watt fixture.
Love the color.

Thanks!

Would a 6 bulb 48" light be able to span all 2 feet?
 
I personally haven't used a 6 bulb fixture over a 24" tank, but I think if you had it at approx. 10" over the tank, you should get good coverage. My 6 bulb fixture is over a 20" tank at 7-1/2" inches.

Hopefully someone that actually has one over similar tank with jump in.
 
I personally haven't used a 6 bulb fixture over a 24" tank, but I think if you had it at approx. 10" over the tank, you should get good coverage. My 6 bulb fixture is over a 20" tank at 7-1/2" inches.

Hopefully someone that actually has one over similar tank with jump in.


Thanks for the Info
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new