Switching from cupermine to copper power in the same tank

Abundant Life Aquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my last 30 day QT went well but I was using Cupermine @.45. I have since put a new fish in QT, but I ran carbon beforehand. I believe most of the copper has been absorbed. Can I safely switch to copper power? I was thinking about doing 2x 75% WC to be sure its all out before switching.

Thanks!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my last 30 day QT went well but I was using Cupermine @.45. I have since put a new fish in QT, but I ran carbon beforehand. I believe most of the copper has been absorbed. Can I safely switch to copper power? I was thinking about doing 2x 75% WC to be sure its all out before switching.

Thanks!
I would do the large waterchange just to be safe.

OP
OP
Abundant Life Aquariums

Abundant Life Aquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do the large waterchange just to be safe.

2 things.

1. I'm trying your QT process. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

2. I just tested with my Hanna checker. It came back with 0.04. It was testing @.45 before the carbon... So theoretically if I do a 75% WC I will end up with 0.01 copper. Will this be an issue?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 things.

1. I'm trying your QT process. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

2. I just tested with my Hanna checker. It came back with 0.04. It was testing @.45 before the carbon... So theoretically if I do a 75% WC I will end up with 0.01 copper. Will this be an issue?
I'm hoping you have much success with the process!

As far as the .04, if you have it that low it's not an issue. Still a good idea to do the WC to freshen up the tank between batches IMO.

The tester has a variance of +/-.05ppm, technically you could be zero now. Or a bit above the .04ppm. Either way you should be fine after the WC.

OP
OP
Abundant Life Aquariums

Abundant Life Aquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping you have much success with the process!

As far as the .04, if you have it that low it's not an issue. Still a good idea to do the WC to freshen up the tank between batches IMO.

The tester has a variance of +/-.05ppm, technically you could be zero now. Or a bit above the .04ppm. Either way you should be fine after the WC.

Sounds good! Thank you!

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coincidentally I posted almost same question. Guess I should have searched. I am assuming cuprisorb by Seachem will take it out

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back