QT Medications and how to dose.

Lgara1303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, Just have a few questions regarding QT MEDS. I have a QT tank set up and the next fish I get I plan to medicate it. I am about to order some Meds and just want to make sure they're all good to use. First is copper power and I have a pretty good idea how to dose this and test for it. Next is Prazipro, General Cure, and methylene blue. My first question would be are all these safe to use together and at the same time or do I need to dose the copper first and after that treatment is done start on the other. and then next if any of you use them how do you like to dose them. If you use something else please let me know and let me know if I can cut any of these out. I have read forums on this but they recommend a few different meds for each thing so I want to make sure I am getting the major things to treat for. I know the Prazipro and General cure is for parasites so can you use just one of those. Also seen the Methylene blue is for first aid, cuts, burns etc. should I only use this if I see necessary to do so.

Also seen Melafix is this worth getting?

TIA I know this has been talked about a lot but would like opinion on what I am planning on using.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

General practice is copper followed by prazi treatment.
You only need prazipro. Methylene blue doesn’t work in saltwater (if I remember correctly) and general cure is mixed with metro (which isn’t helpful against any of the common diseases).
Avoid melafix, it is useless.

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

General practice is copper followed by prazi treatment.
You only need prazipro. Methylene blue doesn’t work in saltwater (if I remember correctly) and general cure is mixed with metro (which isn’t helpful against any of the common diseases).
Avoid melafix, it is useless.
Thank you so I should do A copper treatment and then treat with Prazipro?

Do you treat with one and then the other not at the same time correct?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back