Fish in QT - Can i combine Copper Power with Prazipro

1stMarineTankDude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks!

I have two Black Ice Clowns and a Yellow Watchman Goby currently becoming friends in QT. They've been through multiple water changes now using Copper Power at the prescribed dose. Can i begin treating with Prazipro during the today's water change? Everything I read says Prazi is safe. However, all of you have done this more than myself and this is my first time walking these critters through QT.

Thanks in advance!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, add aeration and be ready for bacterial bloom. Cheap UV would be beneficial in between prazi doses

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to avoid doing that with some more sensitive fishes, but it is usually ok with those.

The main reason for doing this is if the fish show signs of protozoans and flukes at the same time. Doing it as a short cut to quarantine isn’t a good reason as it circumvents the time frame for the process, which really should be 45+ days.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi folks!

I have two Black Ice Clowns and a Yellow Watchman Goby currently becoming friends in QT. They've been through multiple water changes now using Copper Power at the prescribed dose. Can i begin treating with Prazipro during the today's water change? Everything I read says Prazi is safe. However, all of you have done this more than myself and this is my first time walking these critters through QT.

Thanks in advance!
Prazi is tank safe. Im generally reluctant to combine both as Prazi has glycol while copper has binders. I would do Prazi after copper regimen is complete (30 days). Also increase oxygen with prazi which reduces O2.
They can be combined but realize the risks

OP
OP

1stMarineTankDude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to avoid doing that with some more sensitive fishes, but it is usually ok with those.

The main reason for doing this is if the fish show signs of protozoans and flukes at the same time. Doing it as a short cut to quarantine isn’t a good reason as it circumvents the time frame for the process, which really should be 45+ days.

Jay
Thanks. They have no signs of Flukes. Just looking to prevent anything I can prior to putting them in the display. It is a balancing act between my desire to see them in their home and delaying gratification to ensure no one is sick! From the feedback and some other sources I've read - My thinking is that I will utilize the Prazi after the Copper Power once they've moved into observation. All three appear to be thriving and while the Goby started on the shy side, he is actually up in the column looking to feed just like the clowns. So far, I've been feeding mysis shrimp, but look to start mixing it some dried pellets that will sink to the bottom for him. Anything you think I could be missing? or that I should ensure i take into account?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back