Switching from LED to T5

ThePriceSeliger

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2014
Messages
306
Reaction score
62
Location
Denver, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title says, with my ambitious SPS dreams, I've decided to ditch the Kessils for an API. My questions are, my tank is 48"W x 18"D x 16"H, should I be using a 36" or 48", 6 or 8 bulb, dimmable or just the sunpower? Will I need to consider the heat from the lights, or will it be negligible?

All help and information is greatly appreciated!
 
Get the 48" model. Being your tank is only 16" deep a 6 bulb would be enough I believe. As for dimmable that is entirely up to you, but if you can afford it thats what I would do.
 
Its seperated by what bulbs are driven by the ballast you want to dim.
 
48'' 6 bulb sunpower.that's what im running over my 48x24x16 tank beast of a light.

as for heat I keep my light running for 9hours and my temp swing is around .7 degree and I live in hotlanta so I don't that as a problem for you living in Denver but that also depends on your homes temp and what not
 
I just now emailed ATI same question for same situation.
Ditching the kessils in my new build this fall
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new