In the end what matters is the results! You can spend thousands of dollars to buy "billion dollah LEDs" thinking you will significantly cool the tank/ house and blah blah blah... and live with less than satisfactory results, or don't spend a dime and have the amazing results you are used to. I know a lot of guys in that boat.
Buy the LEDs, hummm not happy! Buy more LEDs, huummm not quite there yet... add T5s to try, huumm little better... Oh, I feel the living room is kinda hot right now... than.. I miss my T5s (cry!). Same story repeats itself over and over in this hobby for those who experienced T5s. Than the only solution is what? Confirmation bias! LOL! Am I the only person that see this happening?! LOL!
And the worse thing is to watch videos... it's just so ridiculous to see so many people in the same boat. Corals struggling, weird colony formation and totally unnatural colors and pigment formation... and they present that as it was "fabulous". One video feeds the other. Confirmation bias! Sorry, I just tell the truth. Those guys aren't happy with their results... they are forcing themselves to "like" the situation they've got into. And they look for people with similar trouble.
I always said that... if you need a chiller you need a chiller!
If you need an AC, you need an AC!
UNLESS... you like the results from the LEDs better.