Switching the optical and float switch around?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JohnnyTabasco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. Does anyone know if I can use the float switch on the tunze osmolator 3155 as the primary sensor. Maybe switch the two sensors around?
The optical broke somehow and I don't want to top off the tank manually until I get a replacement.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You couldn't use the float as the main switch. How old is it, if it is made after mid 2015 the optic sensor just plugs in and is a quick fix to replace, they are $28.80. Most of the time the optic sensor just needs a couple hours in vinegar to clean it.

OP
OP
JohnnyTabasco

JohnnyTabasco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not the vinegar thing. It's the old one, but I can't find a spare anywhere :s

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not listed as it is generally an installed part at a service center and not sold out right. It is part x5017.300, in the US they are $28.80. You will need to call the service center/distributor in your country to get it, if it is an older soldered one it is generally best to send it in, if it is older than 2011 it may not be the optic sensor and older than 2009 I would replace it as so much has changed that it is unlikely the controller repair is worthwhile as it will face compatibility issues as other parts fail.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back