switching to an RO/DI system?

  • Thread starter Thread starter QcReef32
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

QcReef32

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Messages
42
Reaction score
37
Location
ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’ve been using tap water in my reef aquarium for the past two years, and this year I added some corals, including soft corals and anemones, which are open and doing well. I’m thinking about switching to an RO/DI system, and I’m wondering: If I make the change, should I expect to notice any differences in the health or appearance of my corals?
 
I think it will make your reefing journey easier one way or another.
To add to this, you have better control over your parameters, you know your water is coming in clean and pure, without potentials of copper or other heavy metals that may come from tap (or other nastys), no additional need for prime(despite the little it actually does)
 
Upvote 0
* I may be wrong regarding removing copper etc, but it's still better :)
 
Upvote 0
One of the best things you’ll ever do!! Be a Master at making perfect saltwater and this hobby will be much more rewarding!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new