Symphyllia Wilsoni Care Question

Macmorning

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I recently purchases a symphyllia wilsoni.
I realized that I am seeing edge of the coral with some skeleton shown.
These little zigsaw looking small skeletons are about to fall apart with bits of coral skin attached.
Will skeleton regrow and covered with new skins?

8780888C-D315-4A2D-9882-9221D60A500C.jpeg
D4B44B1D-EE10-4C9E-964F-82BCD3941C1C.jpeg
Re
 
Looks like tissue recession and the coral looks a little bleached. It definitely can recover. Lower light and low to medium indirect flow with occasional feedings do well for that coral.
 
Hello,

Thanks for your help.
Should I remove skeletons that are about to fall apart?

Also, how long does it usually take for coral to regrow its new skeleton?
 
Hello,

Thanks for your help.
Should I remove skeletons that are about to fall apart?

Also, how long does it usually take for coral to regrow its new skeleton?

Any update on your wilsoni?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new