Symphyllia wilsonii dieing

Christian0505

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
215
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently my symphyllia has been slowly degrading in health. Strangely it looks inflated and out during the day, yet it very slowly loses tissue. This issue has been going on for about the last 6 months and I can’t get my head wrapped arround it.

I’ve done multiple icp tests, with nothing showing up strange. My phophates and nitrates have been fluctuating.

I’ve tried iodine and hydrogen perioxide dips, but this didn’t improve the coral.
I’ve also tried direct feeding with AB+ and reefroids, to which it does give a feeding response, but no improvements.

Would love to hear any suggestions.

This is how the coral looks like now. It used to be full.

IMG_3232.jpeg

IMG_3234.jpeg
 
Posting parameter values is step one. Anything nipping or eating at them?
 
Nothing nipping on them.

Tank has the following fish:
Pair of clowns
Yellow tang
Royal gramma
Six line wrasse
Flasher wrasse
Diamond wrasse
Blue mandarin
Ruby red scooter
Diamond goby


Find attached my latest icp and current water values based on my trident.

IMG_3245.jpeg
 

Attachments

I have corrected my strontium and fluorine according to the icp. This ICP is from one month ago, but the issues has started many months ago and it still going on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new