T-5 bulbs, PAR rating, what bulbs to use, etc....

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 5 blue +, 2 coral +, 2 purple + and a ge6500. Loved it.

Since I have added 4 Kessil 360s and now run 2 blue plus, a coral plus and a purple plus in my combo system.

H2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been running ATI 8bulb power module for couple of years and the best combo I got so far that keeps fish coral looking sharp growing good with nice color
ATI Blue + , Kz super blue , ATI Blue + , KZ Fiji Purple , ATI coral + , ATI Blue + , KZ super blue , ATI Blue + = Everyone Happy

tjewell78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 4 bulb coralife lunar fixture. i have been using the bulbs that came in it. I am ready for new bulbs i think and would like to know the best combo of bulbs. I am still really new at this so i have no clue what works best.

Arnie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 4 bulb coralife lunar fixture. i have been using the bulbs that came in it. I am ready for new bulbs i think and would like to know the best combo of bulbs. I am still really new at this so i have no clue what works best.

I have a 36" coralife for my 65g tank... i recently bought ati bulbs.. i had one blue + before.. crazy output the tank ia getting right now... i wish i had a 6-bulb or 8-bulb fixture...

Front
Blue +
Coral +
Blue +
Coral +

Arnie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have GSP, bubble coral, a goni, frogspawn, hammer and some leathers ... Xenia as well

So I removed a blue and put a coral plus back in

So blue plus, purple plus, coral plus, blue plus? I just took away a coral plus and put in the purple to try

If you want growth? I suggest to put back the coral +. Or get an aquablue special to replace one of the coral+. I think the purple plus is just for color.

Arnie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hay I was wondering if anybody uses the True Actinic by ATI. Also is it a deeper blue than the blue plus? I was thinking this for my 6 bulb 36 inch

1.True Actinic
2.Blue +
3.Blue +
4. 12000 K aquablue special
5.Blue +
6.True Actinic

As you can see I want a blue light dominated tank. Open to any suggestions!

Thanks~ SC reefer

I would not bother with actinics.... blue + has a 50% actinic.
I would probably do:

Front
Blue+
Coral +
Purple +
Aquablue special
Coral +
Blue +

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the coral color l have the blues a 10k and a12k and dont like the colors yes my softies gro like crazy but the color sucks before I jump into leds would limr to try different set up on my t5 I personally like them is just getting the right set up no sps.

Arnie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the coral color l have the blues a 10k and a12k and dont like the colors yes my softies gro like crazy but the color sucks before I jump into leds would limr to try different set up on my t5 I personally like them is just getting the right set up no sps.

How many bulbs is your fixture... theres a video on ati bulbs comparing all colors... do a search on youtube its called ati bulb comparison.... very helpful.. maybe you would need one purple plus bulb depends on how many bulbs u have

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic so you can have an idea

Attachments

• 1408303106593.jpg
    1408303106593.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 484

Tx Medic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI 2 coral+ 1 blue+ and one Aquatic life actinic that came with my fixture I like a whiter look and I think this will do it for me I will eventually change the actinic but I think this will be a good start at least for some good growth.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question. I have a 180g tank w/ a canopy. This puts my ATI T5s @ 12" from the water surface. They are also combined with AI Sol Blue LEDs like so;

Blue+
Purple +
AIs
Coral+
Blue+

My question is:
A) Is this enough light? I have room for 2 more T5s if not. Which should I add if I need more?

B) Will there be good enough par to the 4" sandbed for clams ... about 31"?

Thanks

Tx Medic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question. I have a 180g tank w/ a canopy. This puts my ATI T5s @ 12" from the water surface. They are also combined with AI Sol Blue LEDs like so;

Blue+
Purple +
AIs
Coral+
Blue+

My question is:
A) Is this enough light? I have room for 2 more T5s if not. Which should I add if I need more?

B) Will there be good enough par to the 4" sandbed for clams ... about 31"?

Thanks

I would add 2 more if you have the room it will also give you more options on the look you want with the par ratings your looking for.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I really love the look of it right now. Not too blue, not too white. It's going to be hard to get this shade back with either direction I go. I want to be able to grow/support clams and SPS plus show their proper coloring.

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Reefgeek going out of business and my ATI bulbs needed to be swapped out, I decided to give the new Giessmann bulbs a try. All I have to say is WOW…… With the ATI bulbs, I almost had to go with a 18k look to get the pop I was looking for out of my corals. With the new Giessmann bulbs, I’m able to get the 14k look I really like but still get the pop from the corals. My previous bulb config was
Front
B+
P+
B+
C+
B+
B+
C+
B+
This gave me about a 18k look. In my eyes, it looked too much like tidey bowl water.
With the Giessmann bulbs, I’m able to use

actinic blue (ATI Blue + equivalent)
super purple (ATI Purple + equivalent)
actinic blue
tropic (GE6500 equivalent)
aquablue-coral (ATI Coral + equivalent)
actinic blue
aquablue-azure (This is new colored bulb and I would have to say it’s in between a Coral + and Blue +)
actinic blue

Overall, I’d have to say, I really like these bulbs. I took some PAR readings of my 6 month old ATI bulbs and the new Giessmann bulbs and of course the Giessmann read higher because they’re newer. I would have to say the PAR is comparable to new ATI bulbs. I’ll post some pictures probably this weekend of PAR readings I got.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back