T-5 grow light for a reef?

  • Thread starter Thread starter joshbbert
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joshbbert

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2014
Messages
884
Reaction score
108
Location
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a 4'x2' t-5 grow light I no longer use and I'm wondering if I change the bulbs to a reef spectrum can I use it to grow corals? If so how efficiently? Its 25k lumens 4 bulbs all 6500k. Thanks for your help ;)
 
well, there you go! :) it is suggested that you use high quality bulbs - either ATI or geissmann
 
Sweet! That's so awesome I dont have to buy a light lol so what bulbs do you suggest? There's four, and is like as close to proper spectrum not worried about any thing used for viewing ill supplement that.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new