T5 bulb burn in question

  • Thread starter Thread starter moreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

moreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
588
Reaction score
269
Location
Dallas,Tx
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have an ATI 4x54w dimmable sunpower light that came with the tank I bought from local reefer. He said the lights were only few months old but I just got 4 new ones from brs , black Friday deals. The tank is still cycling but was thinking of taking current bulbs out and burn these for 100hrs at 100% to burn them in while the tank is empty of life. Then take them out and store them for later use. Will these then be able to be dimmed at that point since the burn in period was already done? Do ATI bulbs need to be burned in before dimming anymore? Thanks for any advice as I'm new to T5 :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new