T5 bulb combos

Dirtyshoez

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2025
Messages
266
Reaction score
130
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious what people run in combination with their t5/led setups. I have an aquatic life t5 60" on a peninsula and I guess my question and I keep getting different reviews from different stuff I read. Will running something like a coral plus, super blue, purple plus, coral plus give the same spectrum or will it not blend well since it's a peninsula and you have the different angles of viewing the tank? I see these combinations on a standard tank where you have a long back wall and read that it works due to reflection from that wall plus how you view the tank, but I'm wondering if in my case the best idea would be to choose what 2 and stick to 50/50 with my led's down the center.
 
I would think your LED color setup would dictate what you'd use in the florescent spots.

At least back in the day folks didn't use those extra lights for anything but MORE BLUE, MORE BLUE! :) But sometimes that was because the main lights were yellow-white.
 
I would think your LED color setup would dictate what you'd use in the florescent spots.

At least back in the day folks didn't use those extra lights for anything but MORE BLUE, MORE BLUE! :) But sometimes that was because the main lights were yellow-white.
I am wanting to see if I can get the par im wanting out of the t5 and the look out of the led's. I don't seem to accomplish more than 260ish out of the led and so im wondering if im doing something wrong here.
 
Curious what people run in combination with their t5/led setups. I have an aquatic life t5 60" on a peninsula and I guess my question and I keep getting different reviews from different stuff I read. Will running something like a coral plus, super blue, purple plus, coral plus give the same spectrum or will it not blend well since it's a peninsula and you have the different angles of viewing the tank? I see these combinations on a standard tank where you have a long back wall and read that it works due to reflection from that wall plus how you view the tank, but I'm wondering if in my case the best idea would be to choose what 2 and stick to 50/50 with my led's down the center.
I have the t5's with all super blues. Just got the navareef 135's to supplement them. Im super impressed with the nicrews.
 
I have the t5's with all super blues. Just got the navareef 135's to supplement them. Im super impressed with the nicrews.
I picked up some frags from a guy running nicrews today, I was also really impressed seeing those things put in work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new