T5 bulbs for zoa tank

This looks a little more realistic.
IMG_20200925_215209.jpg
 
Two bulbs and zoas being the conditional? I’d get two ati blue+. I’d get the best reef brite you can manage to supplement. I’d basically place the light on the tank rim. Or use the mounting legs if you have them. I used that light on my planted tank some years back and it had mounting legs
 
I went with blue+/actinic. Seems like plenty of light, some zoas that were reaching are already shortening up. This is pretty close to how it looks other than the filter kinda yellowing some things.

I really like the amount of light the t5 gives, the whole tank is just glowing. Im now planning on selling my primes and getting an ati fixture for the new 25 lagoon or selling one prime and getting a hybrid fixture. This tank i want more of a full spectrum with blue+/coral+/actinic. The cool thing is they are the same length so i can do alot of testing for what i want without buying bulbs i dont need.
20200927_184633.jpg
20200927_203556.jpg
20200927_203503.jpg
20200927_184653.jpg
 
Can i just plug this light into a normal timer?
 
I did another thing... haha
Picked up a 24 inch ATI 4 bulb and 24 inch reefbrite xho actinic for my 25 lagoon build for $350. It also came with 8 ATI bulbs and a mounting kit. Pretty happy with the purchse. Should be able to recoup that and maybe more with the 2 primes, mounts and a diffuser i dont need now.

Threw the reefbrite on this softy tank too see how it looks and it does give it some definite pop and brings out some more colors that were dull. Ill probably add a reefbrite to this tank later after the 25 in running.

Cant wait to get the 25 set up but Im trying to be patient and wait till sunday to give the carribsea rocks a good 2 weeks to soak. I may not make it... ive been adding microbacter7 so its probably ready anyways.
20200928_213224.jpg
20200928_212626.jpg
20200928_212634.jpg
20200928_210059.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new