T5 hybrid with ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be picking up an Aquatic Life dimmable T5 hybrid fixture this weekend. Will be using it with 2 ReeFi UNO 2.0’s. The fixture already has 2x B+ and 2x C+ bulbs in it. I’m wondering what spectrum I should set the ReeFi’s to in order to ensure that I’m covering everything the corals need (tank is a mixed, SPS dominant). I’m thinking just setting the LEDs to Royal and Aqyamarine blues and not utilizing any of the Violet, 420nm, 400nm, or whites. Thoughts?

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would seem like you’re leaving a massive amount of the value of those fixtures in the table to me.

What size tank?

OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would seem like you’re leaving a massive amount of the value of those fixtures in the table to me.

What size tank?
Tank is a 90g (48x18x24). So just treat the T5’s as fill lighting and continue using my current LED settings?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes above is correct. I would use all blue plus bulbs and then use the LEDs to bring out what whites you want. Crank everything uo

OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.
Yes above is correct. I would use all blue plus bulbs and then use the LEDs to bring out what whites you want. Crank everything uo
well, it already has 2 Blue+ and 2 Coral+ installed from current owner (scored a great deal on it). With the ReeFi’s I don’t really use the whites that much as the Lime channel is what gives the fuller spectrum look. I’ll play around with it tho as I’m sure I’ll have a better idea on what the tank looks like under those bulbs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back