T5/led retro kit what 2 bulbs?

Spiderguardnano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2014
Messages
1,058
Reaction score
164
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up guys so finally want to add t5 supplement to my LED I'm running a ocean revive led and I want to add 2 t5s

I plan to run 100% blues on the LEDs and I'm thinking either

Aqua blue special and coral plus

2 aqua blue special

Or 2 coral plus

Please provide feedback
 
I'm running 4 blue+ with my radion xr15s. I might get a pair of coral + next time to see what it looks like since I've had to reset my radions to 14k to cut out the blue a little bit.
 
image.jpeg

I run Rapid Led onyx fixtures and have 2 single bulb Hagen Glo fixtures.. 1 will eventually go one each side, however I currently only have 1 because I have a reeprbrite strip on the other side. Seriously considering swapping. But the fixture is great quality/good reflectior and all that good stuff we look for ;) over the years when I ha bought 4, 6, or 8 bulb T5 fixtures. I wish I'd have just bought a bunch of these. So many options.. And I run ATI coral plus bulbs...

Here's pic of my rainbow nem with just the 1 T5 bulb running.
image.jpeg
 
Last edited:
With all blue LEDs, I think I would go with a Coral + and a Purple + (or KZ Fiji Purple)
 
Do not forget that if you have only blues or majority of blue led's - it is suggested to have some kind of full spectrum light, as if you add purple to blue, you will miss some major colors: Green and Red, which adds a lot of to your tank
 
I've been running 100% on my zoa tank with great success but I want the t5 to take care of the the other spectrum

So maybe since coral
Plus is a full spec bulb it's a better choice
 
If all blues work for you, you should stick with it.
If I may ask what other colors you have on your leds?
Do you have only zoa's or have some LPS or SPS in the tank?

All suggestions made are basically good to have a better spectrum.
The Tropic from Giesemann is a good bulb to have a few hours on the day a full spectrum that comes really close to natural daylight, your second could be the AquaBlue Coral also from Giesemann a ultimate blue/white light spectrum as last the AquaBlue Azure from Giesemann specifically developed for reef aquariums demanding higher PAR to enhance the growth and colors of corals while producing a rich turquoise blue for optimum aesthetics.

But at the end what ever pleases your eyes and overall tank appearance.
Good luck my friend.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new