T5 lighting for a 45 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter nitro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nitro

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
715
Reaction score
601
Location
Las Vegas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am thinking of going T5s on my 45 cube and I am looking for best option for this size aquarium. I will be adding dos in the future.
 
How important is the dim able feature to? I can get the standard unit but it is hard to find that unit with the dim able version.
Nitro
 
With t5 I try to put as many bulbs as possible over the tank. A 6 bulb fixture is 12" and so is my 29 gallon. So it has a 6 bulb lol.
 
IMO I love it and won't buy another light that does not have a dimmable feature. :) Not sure how much difference it makes to the animals, but I find it relaxing as the light grows brighter and dims at night. It almost reminds ME that it is time to go to bed. The animals SEEM happier. Who knows though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new