T5 Lighting Questions

Bucket

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have setup a 120 gallon tank. I want this to be a mixed reef tank.
My fish will include:
2 - Darwin Ocellaris clowns
1 - Flame Hawk
1 - Long nose Hawk
1 - Yellow Watchmen Goby
1 - Yellow Eye Kole Tang
1 - Royal Gramma
I am not sure what corals yet as I am new to coral keeping. I am probably going to add some Zoanthids to start but eventually move to LPS and SPS
One of my last issues is what bulbs to put in my T5 fixture for best coral growth while still keeping the fish showing their proper colors. I have a Pacific Sun Althea T5 6 bulb fixture.
Any help on bulb combination would be greatly appreciated.

shadesatsetbreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the search bar. Also Google what people have done with six bulbs, look at FTS of people's tanks and fine a style that you're interested in. More white? More blue? More purple? Etc. Then find the bulb combination that works. Other factors at play, are you using led supplements? Are the T5s supplementing LEDs? To start things off, on a six bulb fixture with ATI bulbs, try 3 blue plus, 2 coral plus, and 1 true actinic. If you like a more blue tank try 50/50 blue plus and coral plus. More of a daylight look throw an Aquablue special in there somewhere. More or less, the blue plus will likely end up being your backbone, so you'll want three or four of those at least. Again, use the search bar to find a look you like and then go from there!

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always hated that these videos never showed full tank shots. Without a frame of reference it's just a kind of nice macro video.

I agree it would be nice to see the whole tank, but I think it gives a good look at the different colors and combinations.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amount of advice on what to add to a 6 bulb lamp is endless. I recommend splurging on a few extra bulbs and just figure it out at home. Start with a basic config from here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back